Category : Blog
What is Phalcon:
Phalcon is a high-performance open-source framework, PHP web framework based on the model – view – controller (MVC) pattern.
Originally released in 2012, it is an open-source framework with license under the terms of the BSD license.
Unlike most PHP frameworks, Phalcon is implemented as a web server extension written in Zephir and C for the purpose of increasing execution speed, reducing resource consumption, and handling multiple HTTP requests per session. Second than comparable framework written primarily in PHP. A disadvantage of this approach is that root / administrator access on the server is required to install Phalcon by building a custom binary file or using a pre-compiled binary file
Phalcon was created by Andrés Gutiérrez and employees who were looking for a new approach to traditional web application frameworks written in PHP. The original version of the framework in 2011 was called “Spark”, the name was later changed to Phalcon, which represents the words “PHP” and “falcon”. The first release of Phalcon was made available on November 14, 2012.
Phalcon Directory Structure:
Following is a directory structure for phalcon project:
App: The app folder consists of the crux throughout the application. All script folders and files are in the folder. Specifically, it consists of config, controllers and views resource folder. This directory characterise all the functionality of an application. It consists of vital scripts and files that are executed on the server.
Configuration: it defines the configuration properties of the application. It consists of four files:
- Config.php: it provides the user interface based on a nested object property. It helps in gaining access to the configuration data within the application code.
- Loader.php: With this we can load all project classes automatically. Because this part is written in C, it offers the lowest overhead for external PHP files.
- Router.php: This allows us to define the routes that are assigned to controllers or handlers. Controllers receive the request for allocation. A router simply parses a URI to determine this information.
- Services.php: implements injection of dependencies and location of services.
- Controllers: All methods defined under controllers process the requests. By default, all methods on the controller are assigned to actions.
- Views: it represents the user interface of your application. Views consist of html files embedded with PHP code that perform the task accordingly.
READ MORE AT – Why Use PHP in 2019?
Cache: it is a class in the Phalcon directory that allows faster access to frequently used data. This class is written in programming language C. It offers high performance and less overhead.
The performance of Phalcon is a characteristic that sets it apart from other traditional PHP frameworks. Phalcon has a combination of both PHP and C; each of them can be used as an independent module. The compilation of each request is viewed at a higher speed in Phalcon, making everything look out-of-the-box.
Phalcon is compatible with C, which increases the compilation speed. C also offers in combination with Phalcon Object Relational Mapping (ORM) that ensures consistency with models made. Every model made in Phalcon is linked to the relational database table. ORM in Phalcon is purely implemented in C.
Tools for developers
Development tools are used to develop web applications. These tools help to generate a scaffolding application with a combination of all functions (C – Create, R – Read, U – Update, D – Delete). The developer tool also includes extended support for third-party libraries to be implemented in phalcon.
Object Relational Mapping
Phalcon supports a wide range of databases. It is not limited to access to relational databases. It supports both relational and non-relational databases, as well as adding a spring to the shell of the Phalcon framework
Features Of Phalcon:
- It is the fastest framework for PHP.
- It is a full stack open source framework.
- It can create independent framework.
- This requires a small amount of code for specific task implementation.
- It provides ORM (Object Relational Mapping), templating engine, routing, caching etc.
- It is a loosely linked framework, the user can build a project with a directory structure according to the application requirement
Phalcon offers the classic features of a modern PHP MVC framework, so it must be comfortable to use, so in that sense it’s just another PHP framework. But where it really stands out from the others is its speed. If you want to know more about Phalcon, view the PHP training in Chandigarh website.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.