- Introduction to PHP
- Sample code
Introduction to PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor)
HTML is a very easy and useful language. HTML lets you design web pages. Using CSS with HTML, you make webpages even more beautiful. But HTML is limited only to the structure and designing of web pages.
- There are many tasks that can not be performed by HTML. for example –
- By HTML you can not store on the information server and can not access any information from the server.
- With HTML you can not store data in databases and can not even access data from database.
- HTML / logical / mathematical tasks can not be performed in web pages too.
For example – let\’s say you have created an HTML form. In this form the data is input by the user. You want to store data entered by the user in a server or database. In this situation, there is no such feature in the HTML which can be stored on the server or in the database.
Using PHP with HTML, you can do computational / server / database programming in web pages. You can not even add HTML to any webpage. But it provides the capability of any programming language.
Through you can do all the webpages that you do through a programming language. It’s latest versions support object oriented programming. Now let\’s try to know about PHP by detail.
What is PHP?
PHP is an open source server side scripting language. It is used to develop dynamic web pages. The full name of PHP is Hypertext Preprocessor. Previously it was known as Personal Home Pages.
⇨It is an open source server side scripting language. It is used to develop dynamic web pages.
⇨ Dynamic web pages are web pages that are content that changes according to certain events. For example, during a dynamic web page load, according to your location, you can tell the current weather of your city. If You are in Chandigarh & Looking PHP training then CBitss is right place, because CBitss Provide Best PHP training in Chandigarh & Mohali. Join CBitss and make your career in PHP
Most of its syntax is found in C language. If you have read C language then you can easily learn it. This is a very simple language.
- Applications of PHP
- While using it, you can do 3 main things –
- Server side scripting – This is it\’s main function. For this you need a parser, web server and a web browser.
- Command line scripting – You can run its code without server or browser too. You only need a parser for this. You can use it for text processing.
- Desktop applications – Using it, you can also create desktop applications.
Features of PHP:
Some of its features are given below. With these features you can get a quick idea of PHP.
- Open Source – It is freely available for you. Its code is publicly available on the internet for download. You can modify it according to your use.
- Scripting language – It is a scripting language.
- Can be embedded in HTML – It can be easily used with HTML.
- Generates HTML – Its code become show as simple HTML after being executed.
- Server side – It supports most of today\’s web servers. Itis executed on the code server itself.
- Can interact with databases – Through PHP, you can interact with the databases. It also supports many databases.
- Secure – Wherever you will use it in your program, after execute on the server side, the result will replace the code in your webpage and show it on the webpage as a simple HTML. After the webpage is generated, the code is not shown to the user. Your code is hidden, it can not be modified.
Future Scope of PHP:
It is a very popular and easy to teach language. All small and big companies are using it. It has been completely changed in the past few years. From PHP to object oriented programming features to popular content management systems such as Joomla and Drupal, support has also been provided.
The simplicity and effectiveness makes it so popular. Just as new features are being added to it, scope of it\’s may be increased in the coming years.
In this tutorial, you have to know about it\’s applications and features. As i told you that it is a server side scripting language. Therefore, to develop it, you need to install PHP parser and web server. More information about PHP training in Chandigarh you can visit Our Website & Call US @ 9988741983.