How to use Excel for Data analysis?
Table of contents
- How to use Excel for data analysis?
We can all agree that in today’s world, data is the most valuable resource. However, we are continually transferring and downloading data for internet use. Moreover, twenty years ago, this extraordinary service was unimaginable. Without the internet and the data, however, it allows us to produce and consume, we would perish. But have you ever wondered where all this goes when it is not for public use?
Big data firms are unable to simply discard their old data and begin ingesting new data. Furthermore, to keep it available anytime they need it, they must carry a sizable quantity with them. Moreover, Microsoft Excel is the simplest tool for gathering all of this data and protecting it from needless online breaches. Depending on the volume of data even you can generate a sizable Excel sheet and safely store it offline. Whatever the company deems to be of high confidentiality value will remain in the closest circles of the company using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
Today, with this article we will learn how to use Excel for data analysis. So, let us delve into the topic without wasting any time.
How to use Excel for data analysis?
Microsoft Excel is one of the most powerful tools for data analysis and visualisation. It helps companies in keeping their data in the form of small Excel files so that they can use them whenever they are required. Let us learn how to use Excel for data analysis;
This procedure works in various steps, here is a list of those steps;
Step 1: Data Preparation
Before we start analysing the data, we must make sure that the data we are going to use is clean. Follow these steps:
1. Import Data: Open Excel and import the data.
2. Data Cleaning: Using tools like “Remove Duplicates” and “Text to Columns” can easily help in the cleaning of data.
Step 2: Data Visualization
This is an important part of data analysis.
1. Create Charts: Having charts in your spreadsheets makes them look more appealing.
2. Customize Charts: Use “Chart Elements” to add labels and colours to the charts.
Step 3: Advanced Data Analysis
This is one of the most in-demand services in the world. However, many companies are hiring Advance Excel experts for their abilities in data analysis.
1. PivotTables: Go to the “Insert” tab and create a PivotTable. Further, this gives a more professional look to the whole spreadsheet.
2. PivotChart: The information in the PivotTables can be converted into charts easily.
Step 4- Data Modelling and Forecasting:
Moreover, use Goal Seek to find out what input is required to get a desired outcome.
Step 5: Macros and Automation
1. Recording Macros: Macro is a very important feature of Excel that even lets you automate repetitive entries.
2. VBA (Visual Basic for Applications): VBA allows you to create multiple automated complex processes, as well as enhances Excel’s capabilities of automation.
Step 6: Collaboration and Sharing
1. Sharing: When you are part of a team and want to share your Excel spreadsheets, just save your workbook on a shared platform like SharePoint. However, it makes sharing of enormous data simple and tranquil.
2. Protecting Data: Use Excel’s features to protect sensitive data, such as password-protecting sheets or workbooks.
This is how you can use your data in an efficient and visually appealing way so that the data doesn’t look boring when you work with it.
Furthermore, excel is being used in the biggest offices and companies today. even it has an amazing history and looks to be having a great future as well. If you think you can be a good Microsoft Excel expert, come join us at CBitss and enrol in the Microsoft Excel training in Chandigarh course made specifically for your benefit. Learn the basics of Excel from the best trainers in Chandigarh.
Q. What is the duration of the course?
However, the duration of the course depends on the level of training the student wants.
Q. Can I learn Excel for a job?
Yes, of course many companies are looking continuously looking for an expert in excel. You can apply for jobs in any of these companies.
Q. Is there a job guarantee after this course?
We cannot guarantee a job acquisition for you but we will make sure to give you all the skills required for getting a job in this field.
Q. Can I get a good salary after this course?
Yes, of course with the skills imparted to you by our best trainers, you will be able to secure a good salaried job in any company.
Q. Will I be able to join this course after class 12th?
Yes, of course you can join this course after any class.